My last post was almost exactly a month ago. A month ago tomorrow, I told you about the cool cards I made for Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day. And today I wish you the luck of the Irish. I’ve worried that I didn’t have a winning enough post to make up for such a long absence. Finally, I just decided to say hi. So, “hi.” How you been, Internet?
Me? Well, here’s a rundown of the things I’ve been doing in the last month while not blogging:
- I went to the library, checked out this cookbook from Rach and flagged almost every single recipe.
- I haven’t trained for the April ten-miler that I idiotically signed up for last December.
- I started a new job. This didn’t really happen in the last month, it happened the month before that, but this is my blog and I make up the rules.
- I went to Oklahoma to play with my future sister-in-law, carpool Amber, their sister and my SILster Christie, and our mommies.
- I have not done my taxes.
- I gave up caffeine for lent and got the worst headache of my life. My loved ones need not worry about me doing drugs. I’ve made a mental note not to start doing cocaine as I can’t handle withdrawal symptoms.
- I’ve listened to this ditty more times than I would care to admit… It’s Friday, Friday. Gotta get down on Friday.
- I pinned.
- I put things in perspective after watching the destruction in Japan. I prayed a lot too.
- Whilst blog stalking, I read about Joy’s recent juice cleanse. A juice cleanse: now that’s a genius idea, I thought. So I performed an at-home, poor-man’s juice cleanse using this book. Highlights of the update emails I sent my roommates during the cleanse include the following:
“It’s the first day of the cleanse before the cleanse. I am hungry. Probably because I know I can’t have it, I want a cookie. And a piece of cheesecake. And a burger from Five Guys for lunch… with fries.” And this gem: “I have spilt green juice on my cream shirt. I freaked out and ran downstairs to my coworker to get a shout wipe. Stain is virtually non-existent. Score!”