One of the great things about Easter is getting to enjoy whatever you’ve given up for Lent. I
gave up tried to give up caffeine but several of my friends gave up sweets.
I made my friend Snooki the following cookies in March. I knew that I’d have to make them again so that my giving-up-treats-for-Lent friends could sample them too.
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I actually used milk chocolate)
6 sheets of graham crackers, separated at perforations
3 Hershey Bars, broken into rows of 3 bars
12 large marshmallows cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well combined.
- Place flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl; mix to combine then add slowly to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.
- Layer a graham cracker quarter with 3 Hershey chocolate squares and 2 marshmallow halves. Close with another graham cracker. Top s’more with a large scoop of cookie dough. Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed. Form dough around s’mores.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through.
Except for maybe a Reese’s holiday shaped treat wrapped in cookie dough.